GOOD Design is SUSTAINABLE Design - Imran Amed
I prefer LIVING in COLOR.” ~David Hockney
Continuing on from our Easter Camp were are continuing with our Sustainable Fashion theme. This time round we are embracing a COLOUR CELEBRATION so be prepared for an explosion of colour.
Again we are going to raid our wardrobes and upcycle clothing you already have! We will be teaching t-shirt printing from a design created using crayons and lots and lots of colour. Bring along one of your white tshirts, you can also embelish it through cutting and adding fringe, beads, buttons etc.
Our young designers will also be upcycling a pair of jeans that you already own into a pair of shorts or make it into a skirt which you can wear during the summer or on your summer holidays! There are so many things that can be done with the cut offs from the jeans, a frill on the end of a skirt, a flower to put in your hair even a bag can be created. The denim can also be manipulated through cutting, twisting, reshaping and through embellishment. We encourage our learners to think about what they would like to do with their denim prior to the Fashion Camp.
They will also up-cycle their jeans with embellishments or turn them into a funky denim bag. Learners are very welcome to bring their own embellishment’s with them.
This camp focuses on the process of Colour, Sustainable Fashion and upcycling, guidance will be given from our qualified design team from creative thinking, fashion illustration, sewing machine training and garment construction.
The grand finale! All the learners will be able to proudly showcase their work on the final day in front of their parents and guests in a thrilling Fashion Show!
Learners will need to bring the following items:
- A fashion magazine
- White T-shirt
- A pair of denim Jeans
- Any embellishments they wish to use
- Coloured fabric
There is no experience necessary for this camp as we will teach the children all they need to know!
WEEK 1 29TH June - 3rd July
WEEK 2 6th July - 10th July
- MALAHIDE – Pastoral Centre
- CLONTARF – St Gabriel’s Parish Centre
- GALWAY – Salthill Knocknacarra GAA Club
WEEK 3 13th July - 17th July
- SANTRY – Resource Centre
- KNOCKLYON – Community Centre
- LEIXLIP – Youth & Community Centre
- GALWAY – Loughrea Youth Theatre
- DROGHEDA – The Barbican
WEEK 4 20th July - 24th July
- NAVAN- Claremont Stadium
- GALWAY – Oranmore Community Centre
- DUNDRUM – Taney Parish
WEEK 5 27th July - 31st July
- NAAS – McAuley Place Community Centre
- DONABATE – Scoil Phadraic Cailini
- CASTLEKNOCK – Community Centre
- BETTYSTOWN/EAST MEATH – Colaiste na hInse
WEEK 6 4th August - 8th August (Tues - Sat)
- GREYSTONES – St Patrick’s Church
- ASHBOURNE – Parish Hall
WEEK 7 10th August - 14th August
- TALLAGHT – Rua Red
- DUNDALK – Blackrock Community Centre
- SWORDS – The Riasc Centre
- ATHLONE – AIT
WEEK 8 17th August – 21st August
- SUTTON & BAYSIDE – Community Centre
- MULLINGAR – Arts Center
- NEWBRIDGE – Educate Together National School
- MOUNTTOWN – Community Center
- SKERRIES – Rugby Club