PROJECT FASHION regards child protection and good working practice as a priority. In the interests of the safety and well being of all children and young people, it has developed and operates a formal child protection policy.
We adhere to the recommendations of Children First: National Guidelines for the Protection and Welfare of Children, published by the Department of Health and Children.
PROJECT FASHION is committed to ensuring that everyone working with children or young people:
- have undergone a Criminal Records Bureau check at enhanced level;
- are adequately trained and supervised;
- understand and follow the Academy’s Child Protection Policy.
The Child Protection Policy may be viewed and/or a copy obtained from PROJECT FASHION.
As part of PROJECT FASHION’S commitment to children and young people it has appointed PAUL KEELEY as Child Protection Co-ordinator and PAULA KEELEY as Deputy Child Protection Co-ordinator. All the children and young people involved in activities within the PROJECT FASHION will be informed as to who they are and how they can be contacted.
Should PROJECT FASHION have any child protection concerns it will seek the advice of the Health Service Executive and if appropriate, contact the Gardai.
- recognises that child protection is everyone’s responsibility;
- is committed to supporting parents and families;
- recognises the unique and individual worth of each child;
- is committed to nurturing, protecting and safeguarding children & young children;
- exercises care in the appointment of all those working with children and young people in PROJECT FASHION, working to ‘Our Duty to Care’ principles (Fact Sheet 2, Department of Health & Children, 2002);
- is committed to following statutory and specialist guidelines in working with children and young people;
- is committed to supporting, training and resourcing those who work with children and young people and provide regular supervision;
- will review its child protection policy annually and register it with the Arts Council.
This is just an extract from the Project Fashion child protection policy. There is a complete one available on request.